- Nicaragua Veterinary Brigade
- Public Health Projects
- 2013 Needs List
- Sustainable Materials WishList
- Student Research
- Clinic Documents
- Past Trips
- Photo Gallery
- Who are We?
We are the Oregon State University Chapter of the International Veterinary Student Association (IVSA). Our chapter is incredibly active year-round with symposiums, guest lectures, fundraising for student scholarships, and planning of our annual service trip to Nicaragua.
Our mission follows the goals of our parent association:
- To raise the overall standard of veterinary education by increasing the international and inter-cultural exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- To promote opportunities for veterinary students to undertake education in important area outside their normal training - for example, management, welfare and environmental issues, technical language training, and specialization unique to another country.
Upcoming and Recent Events
- August 25th-September 5th: NICARAGUA 2013 VETERINARY BRIGADE CLINIC
- May 31st: Mandatory NICA participant lunch meeting; Plans for summer
- May 28th: Lunch Talk - Nicaraguan Culture by Lucia Robelo, Professor of Spanish Studies at OSU, M102, 12-1pm
- May 17th: IVSA's International Foodfest Fundraiser
- April 5-7th: A Grass Roots Approach to Addressing Public Health in Nicaragua poster presentation at Western Regional International Health Conference in Portland
- March 11-15th: IVSA Silent Auction
- March 14th: Letter Stuffing Party-MANDATORY meeting for Nica 2013 participants. M102 at 5:15pm
- March 9th: SCAVMA-hosted dinner at the OVC with keynote speaker Robyn Thompson speaking about Nicaragua and IVSA!!
- March 8-10th: Oregon Veterinary Conference (OVC) at LaSells Conference Center on the OSU campus. Stop by the IVSA booth and check out what's new!
- February 8th: International Travel Seminar Series Lunch Talk. IVSAers Sami Pederson & Sara Livesay presented information about their Moroccan Equine Externship and Bryan Renensma, 2012 Travel Scholarship winner, presented about his work at a Japanese aquarium.
- January 17th: First Nica 2013 group meeting welcoming this year's group of Nicaragua participants. 37 students-our biggest group yet!!!
- January 7-11th: One-Health-One World Week supporting Uzghorod Ukraine, one of Corvallis' sister cities.
- November 29th (2012): Guest Speaker Dr. Guy Palmer visits Oregon State to talk about 'Veterinary Medicine and Social Justice'. Join us for an evening lecture.
- October 14th (2012): 'Paws Running for a Cause' Fun Run and K9-9K - a race for Uzghord, Ukraine
- August 29 - September 9th: NICARAGUA 2012 VETERINARY BRIGADE CLINIC
Visit our 'Past Trips' link under the 'Nicaragua Veterinary Brigade' tab for stats on the 2012 trip.
How can you help? - Adopt A Nicaraguan Animal
You can help by sponsoring the care of a Nicaraguan dog. For $20 dollars, we send you a photo and story about the animal that was in our care including a description of the type of care provided for the animal. You would be sent this information in December of 2013, just in time to make a great Christmas present gift for any dog lover. Of course, if you would prefer to adopt a Nicaraguan horse, cow, or hog on someone’s behalf (or your own) just let us know on the form! Click here to find our AAA page, or use the button below to donate an amount of your choosing...